Thursday, November 29, 2012

From the Desk of Kent Elliott, Destination Sales Manager

Kent Elliott
I trust everyone had a nice Thanksgiving with friends and family. Now that Black Friday is over, we can all get into the spirit of the holidays.

I just returned from London where I attended the World Travel Mart. I met with many Operators who currently bring business to our area as well as many Operators who are considering our area for their clients. Many of their clients come during the summer months, but many more prefer to visit in the early spring and fall because they understand that the National Parks are a less crowded during those times. One popular question was, "Are the shops still open?" The question reinforces the idea that our our guests come to see the natural beauty of our area and that they are also  concerned about the overall experience.  


I am busy planning my travel this coming January. With the support of the Lodging Tax, I will be representing our community and meeting with more potential companies that can bring business to our area. What can you do to help me represent our community? If you are doing anything new, different, or unique please let me know and I will add it to my "What's New List" to share with the world.

Until next time, happy holidays to everyone and I hope to see you at this Thursday's Chamber Mixer at the Wort Hotel.

For more information, please contact Kent Elliott, Destination Sales Manager, kent@jacksonholechamber.com or 307.733.3316x106.

No comments:

Post a Comment