Monday, December 10, 2012

Where’s the Whiskey?



Everyone’s asking where they can pick up a bottle of what might be the most sought after whiskey in the world.  One option is to drive yourself to Kirby, Wyoming.  I did just that on 12/1/12 for the big Wyoming Whiskey opening party.  

The celebration started promptly at noon.  The first people to arrive were there at 10:30am.  They got right in line at the merchandise shop and waited for an hour and a half to buy a bottle or two.  All day as I sipped my whiskey, danced and schmoozed with my fellow Wyomingites I could see the line.  It never went below 200 people all day.  No joke!

After the Governor spoke and the band played their last song I peeked at the line status.  No line!  Off I went to buy everyone I know their Christmas gifts and a couple of bottles. 

What a successful business venture started right here in Wyoming.  Congratulations to Brad and Kate Mead and David DeFazio.  These three are changing the way the world sees whiskey and I wish you the best of luck!  

Written by Casey Stout, Executive Assistant. Pictured with Jim Waldrop, Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce Chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment